Sunday, June 7, 2009

Turkey Dinner


EFES was our first stop. I'm more into newer shit....but, I think this may have been the oldest place on Earth. More like the most boring history lesson on Earth.

Everywhere we went. We were the minority. Seriously in 10 days, I saw 2 other people without black hair. Lisa and I pulled over to get gas and the attendants freaked out on us. 20 cell phone pictures later. They hooked us up with Aris Oil cut off tshirts and hats. They were so siked it was crazy. It was like some kind of celebrity bs.

Insight will be shooting their next ad campaign here. We had this castle all to ourselves.

Pull over count: Jake = 5 times Lisa =2 times. I might have gotten a speeding ticket, but the cops didn't speak English. 1 of the times, I got stung by a bee for the first time ever right when the cop came to the window. It was a serious "Tommy boy" moment. So, I just kept saying Baywatch and Vacation from California. They loved it.

Night hike to the Chimera's of Olimpus. Fire seeps out of the ground! No wood, just farts from the Earth.

Istanbul spice market. Crazy. "Yes Please". Best salesmen I have ever seen.

Inside the Blue Mosque. No shoes and women have to be fully covered. There were loudspeakers blasting crazy prayers all day and night. Check the video below for Lisa's interpretation.

We drove 15 hours 1 day to go to the fairy castles of Cappadochia. This was by far the highlight of the trip. It was the craziest place I have ever seen. Spikes shooting from the ground that people built houses out of.

Camels were the main form of transportation.

We had the best view in the valley in a hot air balloon. (Video below)

Fairy Castles.

2 comments:

katie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
katie said...

Sick rendition Lis!