Wednesday, December 24, 2008

THE DIRKSEN DERBY 2008


Thanks Donny, for paying for Curtis and I's entry fee.....It's cool, you know it's your parents credit card anyways.....

Donny didn't know it was all about going fast. He just wants to spin to win these days.

Second run of the season. First air time. I came down on a pile of rocks. Luckily, the beanie I was wearing had one of those balls on top of it....It seriously saved me from a flapping scalp.

See what I mean. Ski Patrol gave me stiches and sent me back out on the coarse to make my runs.

Aamon Stamps came over from Portland.

Austin Smith was the only sit skier. He just had knee surgery, so this was his only option. For his first time ever on a sit ski, he got 1st place, he should probably have gotten "rookie of the year" as well......

My bib number 666 either gave me bad luck (stiches in head) or Good luck (Fastest run of the day, - the point deduction I got for leaving a little early). 2nd place is 1st loser.

Josh raised over $2500 for Cole Ortega and Tyler Eklund. It was great to see these kids up there and doing good!

Austin holding his 1st place stop watch trophy.

It was also Austin's birthday! I wonder if this pie ended up in Donny's bed. "It's like warm apple pie."

No comments: